Health and Wellness
Clinical Health Services are provided by:
Advocate Eureka Hospital
101 S. Major Street, Eureka, IL 61530
- Hours: 6 AM-10 PM; 7 days a week. The service runs the entire year. All services between 10:00 PM and 6:00 AM will be classified as Emergency Services and will not be covered by the College plan.
- Assessment of all Eureka College students-residential or commuter.
- Treatment: Minor Illness, injuries and emergencies (sore throat, rashes, injuries that do not require x-ray or other diagnostic tests). Referral will be made to the physician of choice for appropriate follow-up care when needed.
- Medications: Starter packs will be provided after pharmacies are closed for the day. Starter packs will be billed to the student by the college.
- Labs: CBC, urinalysis, strep cultures are provided when needed as part of the basic services. All other lab tests are billed to the student or their insurance.
- School Sport Physical: Must be paid by the student at the time of service or the college will bill the student.
- Important Notice: When using the Health Services at Advocate Eureka Hospital, you must show your college ID.
- There is a co-pay fee for each visit to Advocate Eureka Hospital under the college plan. The fee is $15 and will be billed to your student account in the EC Business Office.
- The student or student’s insurance will be billed for all outpatient or emergency services outside of those listed above.
- Payment for follow-up with a physician other than at the Health Services will be the responsibility of the student.
- Students will be triaged, as are all Urgent Care patients. Those requiring the most emergent care will be treated first. You may be required to wait, but you will be cared for as quickly as possible.
- During the academic school year, professional counseling services are provided through Tazwood Center for Wellness
- Appointments with a clinician are available on Mondays (4-7pm) and Thursdays (12-2pm) and take place in the Green Room of the Cerf Center.
- To make an appointment, call Tazwood Center for Wellness at (309) 347-5522. Inform them that you are a Eureka College student and make the appointment.
- Students are provided with 6 sessions. Approval for additional sessions is made on a case by case basis.
- Please be sure to attend your appointment and cancel if you are not able to make it. Missed appointments could have been utilized by other students.
Crisis/Mental Health Resources
- Tazwood Center provides 24 hours a day/7 days a week local emergency response services by calling 309-347-1148.
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, suicidepreventionlifeline.org, is a FREE, confidential and always available resource. 1-800-273-talk (8255)
- www.suicide.org is another resource - 1-800-suicide (784-2433)
- Texting hotline is also available at Text 741741